Friday, November 03, 2006

Misery loves company?

By all accounts, I should be a happy man. I earn above the median income, I'm healthy (though I would probably benefit from some exercise, a few minutes every day), I have a better than average looking wife, and a really wonderful 9 month old infant son. I live in my own home (well, it belongs to the bank really for another 30 years, but my name is on the title anyways) and drive a nice car.

Don't let it fool you though. Every day, when I come home from work, I don't know if I'll meet someone completely dissatisfied about every aspect of her life, or someone hell-bent on making my life miserable by blaming me for marrying her. If you ask my wife, she won't tell you that I'm the most insensitive, uncaring, selfish son-of-a-bitch in the world -- that would be wrong. See, she doesn't want anyone else to know about our reality, so those words of compassion are for me and me only.

I'll go over a lot of detail using the shroud of anonymity that the net thankfully gives me. I've often thought about writing these in a journal so that I can analyze incidents that happen, at a later time and with a clear mind. If you're reading this, maybe you will help me make sense, or share my misery with your stories...

1 Comments:

Blogger Chucks Happy Wife said...

I have read your blog and feel so sorry for you. Have you and your wife tried counseling...for the sake of the baby? Having an objective person help you each understand where the other is coming from may help. I like your writing by the way,. You have a natural voice as a writer.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home